Startup Women Track Overview
To grow diversity in technology entrepreneurship worldwide, showcasing the talents of women entrepreneurs is a first step. The Techstars Foundation is honored to support building diversity with a Track in Global Startup Battle focused on women entrepreneurs and highlighting their work and talents.
Join us and help create diversity in technology entrepreneurship around the world. The Startup Women Track drives participation at all levels by accepting teams that have a female founder, led by a woman, or consist of 50% or more women members.
- Nov 13 – Weekend 1 submissions open (8:00am PST)
- Nov 17 – Weekend 1 submissions close (11:59pm PST)
- Nov 22 – Weekend 2 submissions open (8:00am PST)
- Nov 24 – Weekend 2 submissions close (11:59pm PST)
- Nov 27 – Voting begins
- Dec 4 – Voting ends
- Dec 4-9 – Judging
- Dec 9-10 – Scoring/Admin
- Dec 11 – Winner Announcement
- Team must be the result of a pitch given by a female founder
- or, the team must consist of 50% or more women members
- or, the team must be led by a woman
Experience (how does the product look & feel):
- Is your product easy and intuitive for the user to navigate?
- Is your product engaging?
- How does your product feel?
Execution (what was built):
- How effective is your a “Minimal Viable Product” for the weekend (be it software, hardware, etc.)?
- Were you able to incorporate customer feedback into the solution?
- How much is built?
Validation (is this business feasible, do you have customers):
- What is your key value proposition?
- Who will be your users, who will be your customers (are they different)?
- How many users have you engaged with?
- How did you validate your problem & solution with customers, and what did you learn from them?
- How do you plan on making this a successful business? (have you thought about competition, how to scale, acquiring customers, revenue model etc.)
Startup Women Track Prizes
Founder’s Trip to Boulder
Voted best city for female entrepreneurs! Check out the local startup community and visit with Techstars team.
Package of online mentoring sessions with industry leaders to get feedback and advice.
Startup Launch Package
Package of products to help you launch & build from companies like Zapier, MailChimp, Hootsuite, and Front.com.
Six months of coworking space for your team
12 months of hosting credits on Amazon Web Services
More prizes coming soon!
Director, Barclays Accelerator
VP of Corporate Development
Portfolio Services Director, Kapor Capital, Founder, The Startup Couch
Techstars, VP of Marketing
Managing Director, Techstars
CEO and Co-founder of NCWIT, National Center for Women & Information Technology
Melissa Joy Kong
from Product Hunt
Content & Marketing at Product Hunt
Startup and digital media enthusiast with: writing, editing, content strategy, consumer marketing, viral marketing, project management, strategic partnerships, audience engagement, content amplification, and new product development experience. Lover of the Oxford comma.