Welcome to the Champions Track! As the world rallies around startups, entrepreneurs, and innovation for Global Entrepreneurship Week, Global Startup Battle will make its return. More than 250 Startup Weekends will happen on the weekends of November 13th and November 20th and every team that forms at any one of those events, will be eligible to compete in GSB.
The Champions Track will showcase the best of every city and Region (see how we’ve divided up the world for GSB). Your team will compete in this order:
- Nov 13 – Weekend 1 submissions open (8:00am PST)
- Nov 17 – Weekend 1 submissions close (11:59pm PST)
- Nov 22 – Weekend 2 submissions open (8:00am PST)
- Nov 24 – Weekend 2 submissions close (11:59pm PST)
- Nov 27 – Voting begins
- Dec 4 – Voting ends
- Dec 4-9 – Judging
- Dec 9-10 – Scoring/Admin
- Dec 11 – Winner Announcement
How to win the Champions Track:
- Go to a Startup Weekend near you [Find Your City]
- Place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in your event, this moves you into the Regional Round
- Next, place in the Top 2 your Region by:
- Submiting your 90 second pitch video within 48 hours of your event’s conclusion
- Once voting opens, go get them for your team!
- Get in front of the judges
**A combination of your vote rank and judges scoring will determine if you move through the Regional round.
- As part of the final 12 teams, your final rank will be determined by our panel of Champions Track Judges (see the judging criteria below)
- Winners will be announced in early December!
Experience (how does the product look & feel):
- Is your product easy and intuitive for the user to navigate?
- Is your product engaging?
- How does your product feel?
Execution (what was built):
- How effective is your a “Minimal Viable Product” for the weekend (be it software, hardware, etc.)?
- Were you able to incorporate customer feedback into the solution?
- How much is built?
Validation (is this business feasible, do you have customers):
- What is your key value proposition?
- Who will be your users, who will be your customers (are they different)?
- How many users have you engaged with?
- How did you validate your problem & solution with customers, and what did you learn from them?
- How do you plan on making this a successful business? (have you thought about competition, how to scale, acquiring customers, revenue model etc.)
Eligibility for the Champions Track:
- Must be a new team formed at an official Startup Weekend event during GSB (November 13th – 22nd, 2015)
- Must place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at your local Startup Weekend
If your team does not place in the Top 3 locally, there are many equally awesome ways for you to compete! Check out all of the GSB Themed Tracks for more information.
Champions Track Prizes
Startup Launch Package
Package of products to help you launch & build from companies like Zapier, MailChimp, Hootsuite, and Front.com.
Trip to Global Entrepreneurship Congress
Founders’ trip to Medellín, Colombia for GEC 2016, thanks to Global Entrepreneurship Week!
Trip to Startup Weekend Office!
Pick one of our Startup Programs Regional Offices & hang out with the team, get advice, and meet the community! Maybe Europe? Brazil? Our team can’t wait to meet you!
Every startup needs their own branded gear like shirts, stickers, and more! When you’re ready to launch and tell the world, let us take care of the swag for you!
Get time with a Techstars Accelerator Managing Director to talk about your new startup!
Director of Google for Entrepreneurs
David Brown is a co-founder and Managing Partner of Techstars. He is a serial entrepreneur who has founded three startups and been involved with two others. He is one of the original founders of Pinpoint Technologies, Inc. which is now part of ZOLL Medical Corporation. David later co-founded Techstars along with David Cohen, Brad Feld, and Jared Polis. He has been an investor and advisor to Techstars since inception. In 2013, he joined Techstars in a more active role as Managing Partner.
Wade is a co-founder and CEO at Zapier. Zapier is the easiest way to integrate the web apps you already use. Wade has overseen the growth of Zapier since it’s founding in late 2011 at a Startup Weekend (Columbia, Mo.), through YC funding and over 800,000 users and a team of 30+.
Cofounder and CEO of Mattermark
from Product Hunt
Founder, Product Hunt.
from Startup Angels
Founder and CEO, Startup Angels. Former Partner, Sawari Ventures; Previously Network for Good, USWeb/CKS, MCI; Board Member, UP Global, St. John’s College; Advisor, Flat6Labs
President, Global Entrepreneurship Network, Senior Fellow, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Co-chair, SPARK Global Entrepreneurship
Rand Fishkin uses the ludicrous title, Wizard of Moz. He’s founder and former CEO of Moz, co-author of a pair of books on SEO, and co-founder of Inbound.org. Rand’s an unsaveable addict of all things content, search, & social on the web, from his multiple blogs to Twitter, Google+,Facebook, LinkedIn, and a shared Instagram account. In his miniscule spare time, he likes to galavant around the world with Geraldine and then read about it on her superbly enjoyable travel blog.
from Easy Taxi
Founder of Easy Taxi, CEO & Founder of SINGU. Listed by Forbes as one of the 30 most innovators in Brazil.
Frank Gruber, CEO of Tech.Co & Author of Startup Mixology
Check out the 2015 Champions!
View the winning ideas and pitches of GSB 2015.